04 September 2014

New Portfolio Website

I think this is the 5th personal site redesign I've created since I hit the internet.  It doesn't go back as far as 2000ish, but Internet Archive Wayback Machine has bits and pieces of it from over the years.

The biggest plus is that my website and blog are now hand in hand.  It feels good to have all the galleries up. I had all my paintings scanned so I can have nice large closeups of the work. I like the dynamic article feature on the front page because it allows you to navigate visually.

The site was to originally to have a massive background video.  Yes video!  My better instincts eventually shut that idea down.  Too troublesome, too much loading, and too distracting.  I'm inspired to make some video shorts and interactive pieces eventually after that whole experience.

In the next 6 months, I should have a good collection of prints for sale. The first edition is in the mail right now and I can hardly wait to see it! So the site will also have a simple store on it for things like that.

Go take a look:

patterntology.com